G-PLUS R provides a thermally stable fluid-loss additive for high or low temperature wells. Based on extensive lab tests and field applications, it is known that a specific particle size will seal the face of porous sands and other formations helping reduce the differential pressure transfer. G-PLUS R graphitic particles with a PSD ranging from 40 mesh to > 200 mesh (425 to > 75 microns) are classified in that specific size range to effectively reduce fluid loss. G-PLUS R has a very high melting point, unlike resins or gilsonite-based products. This carbon-based material has treated temperatures over 600°F (315°C), providing excellent thermal stability downhole.
PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
|Appearance||Black/Gray free flowing graphite particle|
|Solubility||Insoluble in water|
- Enhances fluid loss reduction.
- Enhances shale inhibition
- Excellent sealing characteristics
- Controls seepage loss in weighted systems
- Wall cake conditioner
- Minimizes differential pressure sticking
- Decreases friction and wear
- Preventive maintenance or moderate loss: 4 to 5 ppb (11.41 Kg/m3 to 14.27 Kg/m3)
- Excessive or abnormal loss: 6 to 8 ppb (17.12 Kg/m3 to 22.82 Kg/m3)
- Adjust treatment to conditions or pilot test
G-PLUS R is available in 50 lbs per sack, 50 sacks per pallet.
You must be a registered user to view and/or download product sheets