- PIPE FREE additive is used in diesel oil or in oil-based muds to form a highly effective stuck-pipe spotting fluid.
- PIPE FREE enables spotting fluids to penetrate and "crack" the water-based-mud filter cake with an extremely high-fluid-loss and solids-free filtrate.
- These features allow the PIPE FREE and oil solution to pass through the water- based-mud filter cake between the stuck pipe and wellbore wall to facilitate freeing differentially stuck pipe.
PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
|Appearance||Dark brown to black colored liquid|
|pH||5.6 - 6.6 (1% aqueous solution)|
|Solubility||Slightly soluble in water|
- PIPE FREE normally used for preparing a spotting fluid or soak solution for freeing pipe that is differentially pressure stuck.
- PIPE FREE can be used in diesel oil or mineral oil. The unique properties of PIPE FREE (mixed with either diesel oil or crude oil) distinguish it as a superior product for preparing a spotting fluid or soak solution for freeing pipe that is differentially pressure stuck.
PIPE FREE should be diluted at a rate of 3 to 4 US Gal. to 1 barrel of oil spotted around the area of the stuck pipe and allowed to soak for a short time.
PIPE FREE is available in 55 US gallon (208.19 l) drums, palletized as 4 drums per pallet.
You must be a registered user to view and/or download product sheets